Banana and Strawberry Bread
• 3 medium ripe bananas (600gm) peeled and chopped
• 1 punet overripe strawberries (300gm)
• ⅓ cup (approx 80ml) light olive oil or vegetable oil
• 3 free range eggs, lightly beaten
• ½ cup (125g) brown sugar
• 1 tbsp honey
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1½ cups (225g) wholemeal self-raising flour
• 1 tbsp chia seeds
• 1 tsp ground cinnamon
• Save some extra banana and strawberries (roughly chopped)
• Knob of butter
• 1 Tsp honey
• Small handful shredded coconut
Preheat oven to 160°C. Place the bananas and half the strawberries in a medium bowl and mash with a fork. Add the oil, eggs, sugar and vanilla and whisk to combine. Quarter the rest of the strawberries into the same bowl and add the flour, chia seeds and cinnamon and mix to combine.
Pour into a lightly greased 25cm x 11cm loaf pan lined with non-stick baking paper and bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool for 5 minutes, before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Toss the extra banana and strawberries in a non-stick pan with the butter, honey and shredded coconut. Pour over a slice of the warm bread and serve.